Monday, January 23, 2006

Some Dudes bear hunt.

The old man was sitting in the tavern on the first seat at the bar. A tenderfoot wandered in and the old man grabbed him by the sleeve and implored, "Sit down here friend. I ever tell you about the time I went bear hunting?"
Well, it was in the fall. There had already been a dusting of snow in the high country. You probably know this, but just before bears go into hibernation they are as fat and sassy as they get. That is the best time to hunt bear."
"I crawled on Scout, my saddle horse. He was as trusty a critter as ever walked on four feet. I packed many a deer and elk and bear with him. But anyways, back to my bear hunt. I went riding off on scout into the hills, went a considerable long ways before I caught sight of a bear. From the size I judged him to be a 2 year old. He was so preoccupied in trying to dig a squirrel out from under the tree root that he never even suspected I was in the country."
"I kilt him, field dressed him where he lay and with a great amount of effort succeeded in loading the beast on Scout. As it turned out that was the easy part because on the way back we had to ford a river. Maybe I failed to mention this but Scout was plumb terrified of water. Still I'm thinking with a little encouragement I can coax him to cross. But Scout absolutely refused."
"And so finally I pull the bear off, balance it over my shoulders and stagger into the river. Not to brag none but in those days I was big and strong as an ox. Still it seemed that the bear weighed a solid ton. I had to walk on the bottom, came up coughing and sputtering and as I crawled onto the far bank I take a look, and.... That horse of mine was riding atop the bear! Really did happen. Yeah, I swear it did."
"So did I ever tell you about the time...."

2 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Cassi said...

funny, yeah! but i REALLY think the guy was boasting a little too much to be belived, dont cha think? lol

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Kayla DeWaard said...

that's the truest story i ever did hear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RPMs and V-tec, the replacement for displacement.