Friday, May 05, 2006

She runs!

The project car I have been working on, which most of you know about, is nearing completion. After spending a large sum of money on a new starter, fighting with grounding issues, and other electrical difficulties, I finely gave up and decided to start it the old fashioned way. So I convinced my dad to pull me around the shop too pull start it. It started right up with a quiet purr. So after flying around the shop a few times, drifting 1 1/2 times,(I lost it the second time and spun out right where my dad could see me, he thought it quite funny) I realized my front tire was falling off. Somewhere along the line I must have forgotten to tighten the lugnuts. No big deal, I tighten them and am off again. Confident I've worked the bugs out of the system I Head out to the field. I drive kinda slow until I get through the bumpy part, and as soon as I can I gun it, 25mph in 1st, 45mph in 2nd and 55 in 3rd(approximately) then I get to the end the field and after slowing down a little bit I decide to drift again. I was successful, but in the process the car dies. Like 1/4 mile from home. After a few anxious attempts to start it, it finally comes to life, and I go home, finish bolting the seat in, put the seat belts back in, and am looking forward to driving it again.

I have pictures of this as well as of the other car I bought the front half of too, but it will take me a while to get them on here.

13 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger amanda said...

WOW!what a story.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Kayla DeWaard said...

indeed

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Cassi said...

yep

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Gloria said...

You forgot to mention that it is really loud and smells really bad. But other than that it looks and seems to be okay.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger amanda said...

it smells bad!sick

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Kayla DeWaard said...

i know!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Mike said...

That is the sound and smell of performance. (And maybe a little burnt oil and unburned gas)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger amanda said...

that is so sick!!!!!!!!!!1

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Why?

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger amanda said...

because things that smell bad are kinda sick,you know.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

With people or animals maybe, not cars.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger amanda said...

ya who would want to be in a car that smells REALLY bad? I mean come on now,really.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Its just a field car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RPMs and V-tec, the replacement for displacement.