Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The famed S2000

I got to work today after college and found a Honda S2K in the stall next to mine and proceeded to get very exited. I immediately looked at the windshield to make sure it was a safety (a used car that was traded in) and it was. My heart beat fast. I had passed the guy in charge of it on my way into work. He was out to buy lunch. So I waited around for him to come back so I could ask him if I could drive it. 1/2 an hour later he came back and I asked him and he said yes, just check the oil first. So away I went. I took it down the freeway loop. (Our test track so to speak) This is my "professional" opinion of this grand car:

First off, there's no power till you rev it to at least 6000 and get into Vtec. Once you get there though, hold on. It pulled hard from there on out. I entered the freeway in 3rd at about 65 mph and she was still pulling hard and the Exhaust note was incredibly pleasant, but not really loud enough to be noticed. I had to back off there to avoid getting a ticket. As a huge fan of these cars, the only thing that disappointed me was that it wasn't quite as powerful as I had anticipated. Every thing else was great though, push button start, tight 6spd gear box great handling, looks, ect. I am a happier man today after driving that car.

(I will accept this car as a Christmas present anytime )

11 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Cassi said...

wow, that was deeeeepppp.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

well, i'll see if i can fit that into your stocking :) haha

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger coolnclever said...

wow he got to drive a car

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Gloria said...

I can just see you, you were probibly jumping around like Brandy was when she was going to go see Alburt.
I can't believe the guy let you drive it. Did you even know him or did you just meet him then and there?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Beleive it, I've worked with this guy ever since I started working there. And there was no good reason not to let me drive it, since the dealership owned it and he was checking it all over to make sure it was safe.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I get a thrill from Tennyson--I shall not begrudge you your own brand of delight.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Mel said...

|<()()|_

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Hey Mike I noticed on ur profile you said you like techno...do you know of any good artists?

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Mike said...

They are D.Js, not "Artists". Although all music is a form art, so you are not that far off, Anyhew, I have a lot of songs from Dj Mangoo, Dj Furax, Groove Coverage, Cascada and a whole bunch of others that I don't remember are simply don't know their names. You'll have to be selective however, because not all their songs are good to listen to. I would also suggest listening to Techno stations on the Windows Media Player and finding out what you like. I listen to 100.0 pulse radio a lot. Email me if you have any more questions.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm down with that...yeah I talked to david (my Uncle) and he said that it's like two different cars with or without V-Tech.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Ok, cool, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RPMs and V-tec, the replacement for displacement.