Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Removing a fuel tank.....

This is definitely a task to be done carefully. 1st you should make sure that you got all the gas out. (mistake number one) And that you have more help than your not very strong little brother. (mistake number two) And it would probably be wise to use more than a forklift to lift it into the air.

If you haven't figured it out, I removed a fuel tank today out of my other more recent project car that is supporting the other project car. I spilled like $9 of gas on the shop floor and on the ground outside. But it is out, as well as the engine. The clutch on the sprint burnt up with an amazing amount of smoke. I never knew quite how much a clutch could smoke. But it just barely got me home. And since a new clutch is around $80, I will pull the clutch out of the recently removed engine an tranny, swap it over, and continue to try to destroy the other engine by having more fun than should be allowed in a car.

9 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger coolnclever said...

???? That was umm..... way over my head. ????

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys didn't get hurt, did you?
~CJ

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Nope.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger amanda said...

that was...yep sam pretty much.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I am speechless--truly impressed. If only I was mechanically minded. On second thought, I think I shall leave that to you.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mike you should have me over to help destroy the car or at least post pics!!!!!

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome!!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Pictures are hard to post because they are on my Dads computer, which isn't available most of the time. But I could have you over...

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Michael if you want to you can just stick the memory card into Mom's printer then download them to her computer. It only takes a minute. And if you are very careful you can even use my camera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RPMs and V-tec, the replacement for displacement.