Friday, September 08, 2006

In answer to Rebekah's question....

First off we got to the airport at 11:30pm, and spent the night doing whatever. Some slept, others ran up and down escalator and breathed helium. We checked in at 4:ooam, passed through security and went to our gate. At that point I finally slept until about 6:20am. We then boarded our plane only to find out it had equipment problems and that it would take them hours to fix it. We then all got off the plane. I slept for about another 1/2 hour when Gloria woke me up and told me they had called my name. I went up the counter to find out they had given me another flight home through American airlines. I got this flight because I wasn't part of the group. Shortly after that every one else left and I hung around the airport for another few hours waiting for my flight. I didn't wan't to sleep because I might not have woken up to board my plane. I made it to Chicago without to much difficulty and walked across the entire airport in about 15 mins(I walked very fast), And got to my gate about 10 minutes before they started to board. After that I made it to Seattle and called my parents only to find out that they hadn't even left my house yet. Oh well, so I went to collect my baggage and it never showed up. So after going back and forth between the Delta and American airlines baggage places they finally let me file a lost luggage claim. My luggage ended up coming in on my sisters flight, which was good because I had like 3/4 of all my clothes packed away in there. Anyways 1/2 an hour later my parents came to pick me up and we had some food because I had only had a breakfast roll all day. And as soon as I got home I went for a drive and then went to bed. Which felt good because I had went two days on about 4 hours of sleep.

9 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

wow, mikey - sounds like you had almost as much fun as the rest of us :)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger ~Marie~ said...

I can see why you would have been tired!!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Gloria said...

Okay I think Andrea and I figured it out... We spent 27 hours either in a airport or on a plane. So I went 27 hours with maybe a hour of sleep. Then when I got home I slept for maybe 7 hours. So three days with 8 hours of sleep. Awesome huh?

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger amanda said...

wow that's pretty awesome.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Yikes...sounds like quite the experience!

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Kayla DeWaard said...

aaahhh! how did we live through that?! ...pretty much like THE longest day of my life.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Uh huh. I shall consider myself informed henceforth.

BTW: you spelled my name wrongly sir. Ahem.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Indeed I did.

I will fix that.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Lizzi said...

Oh my goodness. You poor people.
And I thought I was tired =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RPMs and V-tec, the replacement for displacement.