Saturday, June 10, 2006

She died! (Almost)

I guess an engine can only take so much. Today, I decide to take my sprint out and have some fun. And I had fun for like 1/2 an hour, ripping up and down the field with my brothers. Until, the exhaust starts making a loud popping noise after downshifting into 1st gear from 3rd. The car then had no power and wouldn't idle and was putting more than the usual amount of black and blue smoke.
I limped it back to the shop and parked it back in its usual place. I got my brother to keep his foot on the gas to keep it running, and I went out and did a power balance. The power balance told me that one of my cylinders wasn't doing a thing, thus reducing the already small performance numbers by a third.
It now runs but has no power. I guess I will be doing a engine swap sooner than I had anticipated. More to follow.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger coolnclever said...

:O

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger amanda said...

True sam very true :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

RPMs and V-tec, the replacement for displacement.